Despite sweltering summer temperatures in Marrakech over July and August 2015, we have made progress! We are very pleased to announce that Dar El Hanane actually has a physical location in a physical house, and we have had a team of hard-working men transforming this building into a centre that can provide health promotion, health education, and clinical treatment to a standard of excellence!
Progress so far:
- After searching long and hard, in every corner of the city, we have found what we believe to be the perfect location. Situated in the heart of the Daoudiate community, close to the Radeema and Moqataa, facing a lovely garden, this place is accessible to many communities-in-need, while offering a spacious and peaceful environment.
- Our electrician and plumber have done a great job, re-wiring with added capacity for medical equipment and updating old plumbing.
- Our builder and tiler have transformed the toilets, the kitchens and all of the bathrooms into beautiful hygienic facilities.
- They have replaced roof doors to improve overall building security.
- Our carpenter has replaced all the old door and window handles and is helping us with storage solutions.
- The floors have been buffed, cleaned and polished so they look shiny and new.
- The painters will move in next week to give the whole place a new face with our trademark “Dar El Hanane Blue” throughout the whole building.
We are excited about these improvements and daily we see the place taking shape. By the first week of October, we hope to see the big move of much of our donated furniture and equipment.